Paul Fuzz Presents: Flew In From Miami Beach BOAC
Friday, February 17, 2006
  He's Beautiful
Listening to National Radio 1 post-Brits I've been struck by the number of dee-jays (esp. black hole of comedy Chris Moyles & The Blandtons aka Colin & Edith) who've 'dropped' a track by Brigadeer General James Horatio Blunt and commented afterwards 'well, you know we're not the biggest fans of James, but after meeting him at the Brits (and here it comes) YOU GOTTA SAY HE'S ACTUALLY A REALLY NICE GUY.'

Like they're surprised. What did they expect? 'Well, jeez, I went to interview him and I thought he was gonna maybe stab me or mug me or start murdering kittens or yell obscene racial slurs or something, but, hey, turns out James Blunt is ACTUALLY A REALLY NICE GUY.'

James Blunt: A Nice Guy. Shocking. I would have presumed from his post-London bombings don't worry-everythings-ok pop as pot pourri baige-o-rama music desinged with the implicit intention of offending absolutely nobody anywhere that he would be some sort of insane monster. I mean, I could understand it if they were talking about somebody whose reputation for evil preceeds them; 'Was interviewing Hitler after the Brits, never been a big fan, but he was a actually nice guy' or something, but Blunt? The guy's all about the nice. He's Joe Nice. Being nice is is whole thing. He holidays in Nice. His favourite biscuit is the Nice biscuit. His favourite progressive rock band are The Nice. And so on.

There is also the implication that his being 'nice' goes some way to excusing his awful music. It doesn't. He could be Mother freakin' Teresa, it still wouldn't matter. Infact, I saw Mother Teresa play at Guildfest in 1992, and she sucked too.
 
Comments:
With you all the way Fuzzboy. I'll add you to the rollcall at Rullsenberg btw since anything that can be Beatles-inspired has to be worthwhile.

Look, you see I'm even letting you off the hook for criticising Pulp. That's how nice I can be on a Sunday when I've got my lights fixed.
 
You're all heart, Lisa :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
IN GLORIOUS 3D FUZZ-O-VISION! A journey through the psychedelic world of cult movies, obsessive record collecting and pop-culture ephemera of all kinds. The Fuzziness is baked right in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: York, United Kingdom

To infinity, and beyond.

Archives
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / May 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]