Paul Fuzz Presents: Flew In From Miami Beach BOAC
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
  Paul Fuzz Avoids Being Terroised By 80s Movie Bad Guy Phantasms By Not Sleeping
I think 'Last Of The Timelords' woulda been way better if instead of getting the entire human race to simultaneously think of 'DOCTOR!' in order to bring about the ressurection of their saviour, The Doctor had instructed Martha to have every living person simultaneously think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and then the series coulda ended on a high with John Simm being stomped by 112 feet of Mr Stay Puft.

To explain...I've got a crazy fever, a thermometer busting temperature, a head-ache like there's a Mika concert in my skull, I'm wacked out of my mind on triple strength cold medicine...and last night when I when I was twisting & turning in an evil cold sweatin' delerium all I could focus on was the above scenerio, repeating on an endless loop...I think I've gone sorta insane..."I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that could never destroy us. Something I loved from my childhood. The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!" As with Dan Ackroyd's Ray Stantz, I don't really know why I got stuck on Mr Stay Puft..."he just popped in there." I couldn't shake him. It was horrible. What if Mr Stay Puft haunts my fevered visions again tonight? Or what if Mr Stay Puft is just the beginning, and I'm plagued by visions of other 80s High Concept Action Comedy baddies? What if Biff from 'Back To The Future' turns up? Or that guy who says "The Quaterback IS TOAST!" in 'Die Hard'? I can't risk it. The only way I can ensure that I'm not terrorised by Dean Ed Rooney from 'Ferris Buellers Day Off' is by never going to sleep again. What the hell, right? I say sleep is overrated. Infact, sleep is for the weak. Join me next time, for Part Two of "Paul Fuzz Avoids Being Terroised By 80s Movie Bad Guy Phantasms By Not Sleeping."

Labels:

 
Comments:
Paul, you are clearly a guy who comes from the same mental hole as me. I get so much gip for saying the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is absolutely one of the most frightening monsters ever.

Gargh. Ghostbusters is a fab film but when we get to that bit I just feel sick with fear.
 
Oh man, he's terrifying. People give you gip, punch 'em in the nose, and tell 'em Paul Fuzz sent ya.

Oddly, I always figured Mr Stay Puft was a real American brand, but apparently he's entirely fictional, just a generic Pilsbury Doughboy type character. It got me thinking how terrifying giant versions of some actual corporate characters would be; can you imagine a 200 Foot Ronald McDonald? Trully nightmareish.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
IN GLORIOUS 3D FUZZ-O-VISION! A journey through the psychedelic world of cult movies, obsessive record collecting and pop-culture ephemera of all kinds. The Fuzziness is baked right in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: York, United Kingdom

To infinity, and beyond.

Archives
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / May 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]